Sunday, September 8, 2013

nighty night

Sleep and I have always been at odds. Ever since I can remember I have always felt a sense of exhaustion lingering, beckoning me to take long naps at hours that only perpetuate the irregularity of my sleep patterns. I don't know what sleeping through the night looks like, because I always am finding myself checking the clock on my phone at least once during the night. I have tried the sleepy time tea - drinking 5 cups in one sitting and to no avail. I have tried Tylenol PM and other helpful sleeping aids - and nothing, actually if anything I am more awake. My iron levels and thyroid are cleared with a clean bill of health yet the desire to sleep presses on - until this weekend....

My friend Stephanie introduced me to essential oils about a year ago and after telling her about my fatigue she did some research and had me try some snake poison as some of our friends call it here. She briefed me on a potential blockage in my adrenal glands and instructed me to rub Clove and Rosemary over my kidneys and adrenal glands and what do ya know - I woke up the next morning feeling awake, with mental clarity, ready to take on the day.

I have also, begun drinking a gallon of water a day to help flush out the toxicity in my body. And while I still feel tired I have actually had the energy to do things other than give into the desire to slump into a heap on the couch, bed, floor - wherever and pass out.

Anyways, just thought this was rather cool and wanted to share. If you are interested in essential oils email me at rachel.rehbein@gmail.com or call me - I would love to share with you my experiences. :)

Much Love,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment