Friday, September 20, 2013

Scaredy Cat

I think I live in a state of constant fear, or maybe it's a state of constant anticipation of being scared.

People too easily have the advantage over me to frighten me and receive the pleasure of watching me jump, scream, and laugh from my foolishness until I cry.

This happened last night.

The power was out. Chad, Steph and I were sitting around the kitchen table, (our faces illuminated by a camping lantern) chatting when ratt tat tat on the front window. I jump...and probably scream - we all laugh when the neighbor Craig walks in. Through the window he saw me, we laughed harder. When he leaves I very wisely lock the sliding glass door behind me (anticipating his attempt to do it again, but from behind - at this point I'm smiling smugly, thinking I'm ahead in the game) but nope! The door didn't cooperate, Craig slid it open, I jumped and bellowed a great cry.

There is no winning for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment