Tuesday, October 15, 2013

...


The wind has all but wiped away the leaves from the branches, rendering the trees a naked silhouette in the cold. These are the sirens warning of the coming snow, and the inevitable bite of Jack Frost.

I don't know why or where it comes from but sometimes I have the most incredible moments of flow where my words are poetic and dripping in imagery. I love those moments. I also love candles, and while growing up with mom always having candles around the house, I didn't truly appreciate them until living with Amy. Now it's rare for me to not have candles burning these days. Unfortunately, I am really picky on scents, most I don't find appealing. Thanks to Tanya and her wonderful sister Suzi, I did find a line of candles that I will probably forever buy from; PartyLite. Nothing like name dropping eh!

I find myself tonight in my room, blasting some rap crap as my dad would call it. I have a laundry list of to-do's:

-Laundry (gotta have clean clothes!!) Also, I am so excited and happy that Jeans and tennis shoes are my go to for work!!!! YAY.
-String white Christmas lights in my room to bring some light to this darkness. Not sure about the rest of the world but Alaska already has Christmas on its mind - it's not uncommon for me to pass by the secretary at work as she sings Christmas songs. :)
-Craft: I am starting to pick up knitting and crochet and let me tell ya, it's rather fun and kinda a thing to do when hanging out with most of the people I know here. I also have a birthday card to make for my boss and I haven't picked up my brushes in awhile.
-Application! not for a job but for training!! woohoo. I have to apply and write a paper explaining why I should be selected for scholarship funds. This will take place in December in Anchorage. I'm really excited about the opportunity to learn how to be a better leader and supervisor which is what this conference focuses on. It's 3 days and then afterwards there is a final project and teleconferences that are mandatory participation in the following weeks. The application deadline is Nov. 1.....

The happenings around camp seem to be focused on the hay tunnel at the barn, which I have yet to check out. But I will!

Hopefully, I can get some pictures taken for my next post.
Until then...Much Love.
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment