Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Adjustment Bureau

With the time change this weekend everything is out of wack! My clock at work still says its an hour later than what it really should read, my internal alarm clock woke me up bright and early this morning at 5am (I actually leisurely got ready this morning - it was kinda nice.) The hardest part though was realizing that the sun at 6pm has already disappeared beyond the horizon beckoning me to my bed and then I realize....4 more hours.

So to keep myself awake I am crocheting a blanket, watching movies, spending time with family and friends.

I think Alaskan's live two life styles: one of insomnia in the summer and in the winter people hibernate.

Adjusting seems to be the key here, adjusting to the weather (seems to be a slow process this year....still no sign of winter other than all the mountains in the far distance have a lovely white blanket on them), adjusting to the amount of day light, adjusting to schedule changes and working for a business that actually promotes you take sick leave, so here I am in bed - trying to figure out how to relax and rest on a day that has a long list of things that need to get done.

Anyways, it's 7:20....I should try to get on with my day it seems. By the way: it's still pitch black out :)

Much Love,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment