Thursday, August 15, 2013

Still Looking Up

my sincere apologies for keeping you waiting - so much has happened in the last week.

since August first we have had maybe one or two days that it hasn't rained for 12 to 24 hours. I LOVE IT - but it has revealed that my wardrobe is lacking in fall clothes - warm sweaters, boots, leggings the whole sha bang. Melissa and I ran to Anchorage to do a little shopping and did we ever have a blast!

I know all of you are dying to know about the job I have and honestly - I can't disclose much. Blogger is way too public to be telling a lot of information. What I will say is that I work for Peninsula Community Health Services in the Behavioral Health Department as a Care Coordinator in an Elementary School. I have my office/classroom in a portable (think mobile home office commonly seen on construction sights) I have business cards, personal phone line, personal email address. My position is a supervisory one - I'M A BOSS! :D  The brokenness of the family settings these kids live in breaks my heart and angers me. This is exactly what I want to do: be an advocate for children who are at risk for being neglected/abused. I still can't believe that I'm actually in this position. If you would, please pray that God will be seen through my work this year, at school and in the main office.

Now that camp is completely over for the summer, there isn't much going on here. I have taken up residency on the other side with the Snyder family and I am loving it.

I guess that's it for now.
Much love, Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment