Monday, July 1, 2013

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work.

Today after work I went out with some friends to the Russian River and tried my hand at Fly Fishing. My biggest catch of the day was a tree branch....instead of harvesting a fish - I harvested a leaf. :D I did however see a pretty decent sized Rainbow a few feet from me and unfortunately my line was tangled so I couldn't even attempt for him, although the barbaric thoughts of paleo hunting came to mind - but I didn't want to risk getting completely soaked. Thank goodness for my friends here for letting me borrow their gear, but I think that due to my new found "love" I will have to start investing in my own....starting with boots and waders since the waders I used today had the boots sewn in and....well - my toes didn't even come close to the toe of the shoes and heck it's the first time I have ever found a pair of pants that were TOO long!! :D

I knew wading in a current would prove challenging, however, I didn't expect the workout of walking upstream. I am sore and very out of shape.

The Russian is notorious bear country, reported to be fishing with the bears and while we saw no grizzlies, we did see a black bear with "the tiniest peanut of a cub" - as George said. I don't have many pictures to share with you all since most of them were taken on my friend's camera but here are the few I took.

much love,
rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment