Saturday, July 20, 2013

baby beluga

yeesh it's been awhile since I have been on this thing. partly because my last post refuses to publish, but also, because this past week - I was splitting my time between a cabin and the kitchen. that's right folks. I was a COUNSELOR!!! I loved it - but in a lot of ways I am paying for it....mostly in lack of sleep. I had 10 lovely ladies ages 9-11 that I was looking over for the week, making sure they woke up on time, went to bed at a decent hour (most of the time the majority did - I think)....All my girls seemed to have some knowledge about God and most even seemed to have a personal relationship with Christ, which is really awesome. Devotions focused around the love of God and by the end of the week due to a devotion specifically on bullying and 1 Cor. 13:4-6 all the girls were saying "Rude" it was rather hilarious but I'm wondering if I have created monsters but as long as they are sticking up for themselves and others being bullied than I'm thinking I am pretty proud. For this camp there are cabin competitions for the reward of root beer floats Friday night and one of the competitions is skit night - the idea for the skit came to me at 1:30 in the morning during a coughing fit and we had 1 day to really practice and prepare, I'm really happy with how well the girls did even though we got last place (trust me - our skit was definitely one of the better ones). You can find it on YouTube.

Other happenings this week. I was pulling BBQ chicken out of the oven and the grease splashed onto my right forearm. My reaction was to point the pan down towards the floor to get it off of me but then my thought was "SHOOT! THE CHICKEN" so I flopped the pan back up to save the meat and ended up splashing more hot grease on my arm again!! I spent the next several hours with a very thick ice wrap to cool the burn. Luckily I am not blistering yet and the heat and the pain are basically gone. Thank God! But I have a lovely red mark wrapped around my arm. Everyone at camp just expects me to injure myself now and I'm beginning to wonder if the desk job I left in Bozeman has weakened me or if it was actually protecting me from exposure to involuntarily beating myself up. Anyways, Tanya always used to say she had a temporary lapse of mental coordination - I think I have a frequent lapse of physical coordination. :)

Haven't been fishing this week at all - but hopefully next week I will see the river multiple times :)

Much Love,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment