Monday, July 8, 2013

Latest Happenings

Welp, it happened. I finally took a spill that significantly caused bodily harm... There I was, playing soccer in the ball field with a group of the guy staff and one of the guys stole the ball from me so I went hard after him to get it back (which I did) but in the process I tripped over his foot and twisted my ankle pretty good. Next thing I know, I was flat on my back with 6-8 faces looking down on me asking if I was okay, if it was my knee or ankle. I kept saying, "Guys, just give me a minute...I'm fine" Thankfully, there was ice in the freezer and an empty gargantuan pickle bucket for me to make a painfully bone chilling ice bath. One of the guys had an ankle brace he let me borrow for a few days which helped the swelling go down and the bruising begin! I have a random likeness for bruises. I do plan on visiting a doctor on my days off this week - just to make sure the POP! I felt/heard isn't anything serious. The Cankle can't go away soon enough.....if you are wondering what a cankle is:

There has been a Grizzly in town - not sure if I have mentioned this in previous posts. But she has been lingering for some time now. I think she even has cubs with her. Anyways, a family member to one of the full time staff at camp had a dog that was mauled by the bear a few days ago :(

I haven't counted exactly but I would guess that we have had 12 days of clouds and rain but today broke that chain!! Sunny with a high of 60!

This past Saturday the staff took a trip to Homer, AK. Specifically to a place called the Spit. We all piled in to 15 passenger vans and drove for 1.5 hours and did the tourist thing - it's always so fun just to hang out. I wish Melissa could have joined the fun, we probably would have gotten into some sort of trouble though, I'm sure. Here are a few pics that I took of the day. The day ended with a blown out tire, which I haven't ever experienced before, but it was fixed quick and easy and we made it back to camp soon enough.



I have heard that people have been trying to post comments but haven't been successful. If this is you PLEASE email me at rachel.rehbein@gmail.com I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear from you!!!

Much Love,
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. awesome pictures! I believe youve got to have google+ account or have a blogspot blog to post comments. Its a bummer I know!

    ReplyDelete