Monday, June 10, 2013

Alaska State Bird

Commonly known to the rest of the world as Mosquitoes are in fact HORRENDOUS beasts. Bug spray without DEET DOES NOT nor will it ever repel these horrid creatures. Case in point: Last night a friend and I decide to take a leisurely stroll around the lake to burn off a little caffeine induced energy before bed. We had this bug spray that welcomed the mosquitoes instead of sending them flying. We made it to the lake front when I noticed that poor Gwen was swarmed by no less than 50 mosquitoes eagerly trying to get a sip of her blood. Needless to say, we retreated back to the indoors screaming and flailing our arms like mad to keep the enemy away. I am losing my battle, while I may have caused more casualties to the mosquito population, I am sad to say I have been hit myself, multiple times - but still I press on. Thank goodness they don't itch!! What I dread most is when the No-see-ums hatch, because their bites actually leave a chunk of skin missing. Much Love, Rachel.



No comments:

Post a Comment