Thursday, June 27, 2013

Ketchup Burger

Camp food. So tasty and delicious but sometimes nasty and not always nutritious. Sloppy Joe's are most definitely one of my favorite meals, except at camp. At home, I enjoy a heaping spoonful of the saucy meat with a slice of pepper jack cheese and an occasional dollop of sour cream. At camp, the heaping spoonful never tasted quite right, even with a stack of hot pepper slices and ranch drizzled over it and then today....the reality of the term "Ketchup Burger" hit me. Sloppy Joe's at camp = Ketchup + Burger..... BLICK! But not all the meals are like this. The tuna fish sandwiches are really yummy and tomorrow night is enchilada night and well, i just always love me some Mexican cuisine.

Interesting tidbit for the evening. Lightening is really uncommon in Alaska to the point where one of the 18 year old counselors has only ever seen it once in her life and her excitement that there was a little lightening tonight was really amazing to me as it's something I am so accustomed to. I told her about some of the crazy storms I have been in and opening my curtains at night when the thunder wakes me to watch the storm light up the sky.

Not sure what else to talk about, I got my AK driver's license, car insurance but nothing else too exciting. Hope you are all doing well. Much Love, Rachel.

No comments:

Post a Comment