Friday, June 14, 2013

Random TidBits

Senses
Breathe. Take in the aroma of the salty sea and the thick smoke that chokes you.
Touch. Feel the glacial breeze that seeps into your bones and the warmth of the fire as it blows past you.
Sound. Listen to embers crackling in the fire below, the whir of waves crashing to shore and rustling of foliage.
Sight. Look at the reflection of the setting sun.
Taste. Enjoy the sweetness of peace, serenity of being by a vast ocean, while sitting atop countless grains of sand.
Rituals
It has become habit that before bed each night and prior to nap time that I spend at least 5 minutes if not more scoping out the ceiling and walls for mosquitoes that lay in wait. Plotting my game plan, I then turn on my fight song (theme song soon to come) and war breaks out. Some of them anticipate my attack and flea their place of “hiding”, others charge me yet I find victory in being able to sleep the night through peacefully, until 3am when I am awoken by the shrill sound of wings beating together…..it begins again.

No comments:

Post a Comment