Saturday, June 1, 2013

Driving: Day 1

I started the day off in excellent spirits, rocking out to whatever song came into my mind but now after being in the car for 12 hours, I am POOPED! My mind isn't firing sharp anymore, more mushy like mashed potatoes, so God help us as we have 4 more days of driving before I dive into work at camp. I drove from Bozeman to Shelby, MT which for me is the longest time behind the wheel on the highway, sadly. From Shelby through much of Canada thus far has been flat straight road with slow speed. The signs read: Maximum 110 and much to my dismay, it wasn't mph but kph which translates to about 68ish mhp. On we went, slowly on a flat straight road with nothing to look at besides farm land. Highlights: Because the drive was rather boring I began counting how many prairie dogs darted in front of the Jeep. Sadly, though they risked their lives, they were all spared. So: Prairie Dogs - 5 Jeep - 0. Dad and I surely were not and are not made for the city. The scene: Driving down the highway, which has now become 3 lanes instead of our comfortable 2. 4:30pm and 7:30pm traffic on a Saturday is probably to them "light" but oh no my friends, drivers were weaving in and out like mad men, clearly violating the "maximum" limit. We drove looking for the correct exit or any sign that said we were still headed in the right direction. This was the scene both entering and leaving Calgary and Edmonton. At one point I looked at dad and said, "Adventure Times" At dinner tonight, when I received the change for our bill, I asked for singles instead of a 5 and the poor cashier looked at me and said: "do you mean loonies?" - I'M NOT FROM HERE!!!! Anyways, as I turn in for the night enjoy these quick pics I took of the journey. There may not be much to look at, but it is still easy on the eyes. Much Love, Rachel Oilmont,MT "They farm Oil, how fitting to name the town as such" Upon our arrival into Canada, "Big Brother" frequently reminded us that our location is not hidden.... I never realized how humongous the blades are for windmills Entering Calgary Edmonton at 8:30pm it is now 9:30 and still light outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment