Sunday, June 16, 2013

Hakuna Matata

For those of you who don'w know what Hakuna Matata means, I beg you to take the time to watch The Lion King. Disney makes everything better!

Anyways, a part of camp life I am finding is that you gotta roll with the flow. Which means, if a group of 20 people stroll into your building at 4:30am walking and talking as if it were 4:30 in the afternoon (because the sun deceives you so and because they just flew in from the lower 48) waking you up for the day, roll with it. When you are preparing lunch from left overs and aren't sure if there is enough chicken for everyone....add it to the left over rice, and buttered peas and vwaula! (<- I think I just made up a word :D) Soup. Also for lunch today, scalloped potatoes, peas/carrots, cheesy broccoli, spaghetti. YAY for leftover lunch day!!!

The entire Peninsula is supposedly out of DEET, and mosquito dope so that should be fun for the remaining season until more stuff comes in. Time to suck it up and put these hands to use! I smashed one on my window the other night and verbally declared to the others out there that it was their warning of their doom upon entering my room.

The kitchen is a blast, I really enjoy being on my feet and moving around rather than being stuck at a desk job all day. My body is beginning to grow accustom to the physical demands of kitchen work. If you ever want a great dieting strategy, work in a mass production kitchen...the pounds upon pounds of food made for each meal is sure to make your appetite no longer exist. A part from the cheesy broccoli from earlier this week, my portions have been rather grim.

I washed my Jeep upon my arrival to camp which I found to be virtually useless as camp is submerged in beat up dirt roads....at least my jeep (formerly referred to as Cheryl, now known as Rainbow) is a beautiful shade of dusty gold...so the dirt doesn't show too much.

that's all for now I guess,
Much Love...Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment